This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure for more info.
Michael Scott, the beloved character from the hit TV show “The Office,” is known for his hilarious and often cringe-worthy antics. One of his most memorable moments was when he was asked to be a part of Phyllis’ wedding and ended up stealing the show with his outrageous behavior. Fans of the show have been quoting Michael’s wedding lines ever since, and it’s not hard to see why.
From his awkward attempts at flirting with the bridesmaids to his infamous “That’s what she said” jokes, Michael Scott wedding quotes are some of the most iconic lines from the entire show. Whether you’re a die-hard fan of “The Office” or just looking for some comedic inspiration for your own wedding, Michael Scott’s quotes are sure to make you laugh.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at some of Michael Scott best wedding quotes and explore why they continue to be so popular with fans of the show. So grab some popcorn, settle in, and get ready to relive some of the most hilarious moments from “The Office” with Michael Scott’s wedding quotes.
Michael Scott on Love and Romance
Michael Scott, the beloved boss from the hit TV show “The Office,” is known for his hilarious and often cringe-worthy antics. But beneath his goofy exterior, Michael is a hopeless romantic who is not afraid to wear his heart on his sleeve. Here are some of his best quotes on love and romance:
- “I declare bankruptcy!” (Just kidding.) “I love you.” – Michael Scott
- “I’m not superstitious, but I am a little stitious. So when I saw you, I knew we were meant to be together.” – Michael Scott
- “I hope that the answer to your question is as simple as ‘Yes.’ But if it’s not, then I hope we can remain friends. Because you are very important to me.” – Michael Scott
- “I don’t believe in love at first sight. But I do believe in seeing someone and knowing instantly that they’re going to be important to you.” – Michael Scott
- “I don’t care if it takes me a lifetime to find true love. As long as I find it eventually.” – Michael Scott
- “I hope I find it. Along the way, I mean. The way you did.” – Michael Scott (referring to Jim and Pam’s love story)
Michael may not always get it right when it comes to love and romance, but he never gives up hope. His unwavering optimism and willingness to put himself out there are an inspiration to us all.
Michael Scott Wedding Quotes
Michael Scott is known for his humorous and often inappropriate comments, and his quotes from The Office about weddings are no exception. Here are a few memorable quotes from Michael Scott about weddings:
- “Webster’s dictionary defines wedding as ‘the fusing of two metals with a hot torch.’ Well, you know something? I think you guys are two medals. Gold medals.”
- “They say that your wedding day goes by in such a flash that you’re lucky if you even get a piece of your own cake. I say, let them eat cake. Margaret Thatcher said that about marriage. Smart woman.”
- “I’m not superstitious, but I am a little stitious.”
- “I declare bankruptcy!”
- “I don’t hate it. I just don’t like it at all and it’s terrible.”
- “I’m not usually the butt of the joke. I’m usually the face of the joke.”
- “I love weddings. The open bar, the free food, the chance to dance with women who are way out of my league.”
- “I’m not a millionaire. I thought I would be by the time I was 30, but I wasn’t even close.”
Although Michael Scott wedding quotes are hilarious and often inappropriate, they always bring a smile to the face of fans of The Office.
Michael Scott Wedding Quotes at Phyllis’ Wedding
Michael Scott is known for his humorous and often inappropriate comments, and his appearance as a member of the wedding party at Phyllis’ wedding was no exception. Here are some of his most memorable quotes from that episode:
- “Phyllis is getting married and I am in the wedding party. She has asked me to push her father’s wheelchair down the aisle. So basically, I am co-giving away the bride.”
- “Since I pay her salary it is like I am paying for the wedding.”
- “Webster’s dictionary defines wedding as ‘the fusing of two metals with a hot torch.’ Well, you know something? I think you guys are two medals, gold medals.”
- “Ladies and gentlemen, may I present to you for the first time as a couple, Mr. and Mrs. Bob Vance!”
- “I just wanted to make this a day to remember.”
- “They say that your wedding day goes by in such a flash that you’re lucky if you even get a piece of your own cake. I say, that’s crazy. I say, ‘Let’s eat cake!'”
- “There she is! I swear, Phyllis, you are as beautiful as the first day you started at Dunder Mifflin.”
- “Thank you, Randy! That was great. Thank you. Thank you very much. Hi, I’m Michael Scott and for the next 40 minutes, I am going to be your tour guide through the lives of Phyllis Lapin and Bob Vance. One of the great, seemingly impossible love stories of our time.”
- “Me walking Phyllis down the aisle was supposed to be the highlight of the wedding. And now… the wedding has no highlight.”
These quotes showcase Michael’s unique sense of humor and his tendency to make everything about himself. While some of his comments may have been inappropriate, they also added a touch of humor to the wedding and made it a memorable event for everyone involved.
Overall, Michael Scott wedding quotes at Phyllis’ wedding were a mix of humor, self-centeredness, and heartwarming moments. They helped to make the wedding a memorable event for everyone involved, and showcased Michael’s unique personality and sense of humor.
Wedding Quotes in The Office
The Office is a popular American sitcom that aired for nine seasons from 2005 to 2013. The show is known for its witty humor and memorable quotes, many of which are related to weddings and marriage. Michael Scott, the bumbling boss of Dunder Mifflin, is particularly known for his hilarious and often cringe-worthy comments on the topic.
- One of the most famous quotes from Michael Scott regarding weddings is: “Webster’s dictionary defines wedding as ‘the fusing of two metals with a hot torch.’ Well, you know something? I think you guys are two medals, gold medals.” This quote is from the episode “The Merger” in season 3. Michael uses this quote to describe the wedding of two of his employees, Jim and Pam.
- In another episode, “Phyllis’ Wedding,” Michael is part of the wedding party and is tasked with pushing Phyllis’ father’s wheelchair down the aisle. He jokes, “So basically, I am co-giving away the bride.” This quote is a classic example of Michael’s awkward humor and is often quoted by fans of the show.
- Another memorable wedding quote from The Office comes from the episode “Niagara,” in which Jim and Pam finally tie the knot. During their wedding ceremony, Jim tells Pam, “Four years ago, I was just a guy who had a crush on a girl who had a boyfriend. And I had to do the hardest thing I’ve ever had to do, which was just to wait. For a really long time, that’s all I had. I just had little moments with a girl who saw me as a friend. And a lot of people told me I was crazy to wait this long for a date with a girl who I worked with, but I think even then I knew that I was waiting for my wife.”
- The wedding of Phyllis and Bob Vance is also a memorable event in The Office. During the reception, Michael announces the couple as “Mr. and Mrs. Bob Vance, Vance Refrigeration.” This quote is a nod to the fact that Bob Vance is the owner of Vance Refrigeration and is often referred to by his full name.
Overall, The Office is full of hilarious and heartwarming wedding quotes that are sure to make fans of the show smile. From Michael’s awkward humor to Jim and Pam’s romantic moments, the show has something for everyone when it comes to weddings and marriage.
Character Interactions and Quotes
Throughout the series, Michael Scott interacts with a variety of characters, leading to some memorable quotes and moments. Here are some of the most notable interactions and quotes from Michael Scott during weddings:
- Fan: Michael’s over-the-top antics and cringe-inducing moments during weddings have made him a fan favorite. One of his most famous quotes is “I declare bankruptcy!” while attending Phyllis’s wedding, which has become a popular meme.
- Dwight: Michael and Dwight’s friendship is one of the most enduring and hilarious relationships on the show. During Jim and Pam’s wedding, Dwight delivers a memorable speech that includes the line “Whenever I’m about to do something, I think, ‘Would an idiot do that?’ And if they would, I do not do that thing.”
- Pam and Jim: Michael has a complicated relationship with both Pam and Jim, but he ultimately cares deeply for them both. During their wedding, he delivers a heartfelt speech that includes the line “I feel like all my kids grew up and then they married each other. It’s every parent’s dream.”
- Law: Michael has a tendency to get into trouble with the law, and weddings are no exception. During Phyllis’s wedding, he accidentally hits Meredith with his car and later gets into a fight with a wedding guest.
- Gold medals: Michael is not one to shy away from competition, even at weddings. During Phyllis’s wedding, he competes with Jim and Dwight in a series of wedding-related games, including a bouquet toss and a dance-off.
- Andy Bernard: Michael’s relationship with Andy is complicated, but he ultimately becomes a mentor to him. During Jim and Pam’s wedding, Michael performs a song for the couple that includes the line “It’s your wedding day, and there’s a lot I want to say, but I don’t know how.”
- Erin: Michael has a soft spot for Erin and often tries to protect her from the other characters’ antics. During Dwight and Angela’s wedding, he tells Erin “You are beautiful, you are talented, and you are going to find someone who loves you for who you are.”
- Angela, Oscar, and Toby: Michael’s interactions with these characters are often tense, but he still manages to deliver some memorable lines. During Phyllis’s wedding, he tells Toby “Why are you the way that you are? Honestly, every time I try to do something fun or exciting, you make it not that way.”
- Kevin Malone: Michael and Kevin share a love of food and often bond over it. During Jim and Pam’s wedding, Michael tells Kevin “You’re like an angel with no wings.”
- Bob Vance: Michael’s interactions with Bob Vance, Phyllis’s husband, are often awkward. During Phyllis’s wedding, he tells Bob “You know what they say, ‘Fool me once, strike one, but fool me twice…strike three.'”
Humor and Comedy in Michael Scott’s Quotes
Michael Scott is known for his hilarious one-liners and outrageous behavior, which often leave his coworkers and viewers in stitches. His comedic timing and delivery are unmatched, and his quotes have become iconic in popular culture.
One of the most memorable quotes from Michael is when he asks, “Would I rather be feared or loved? Easy. Both. I want people to be afraid of how much they love me.” This quote perfectly encapsulates Michael’s desire for power and control, while also showcasing his humorous side.
Another example of Michael’s humor is when he says, “I’m an early bird and a night owl. So I’m wise and I have worms.” This quote is a perfect example of Michael’s ability to turn a phrase and create a clever play on words.
Michael also has a penchant for giving inappropriate gifts and making inappropriate jokes. For example, when he gives Phyllis a “Phyllis” bobblehead for Christmas, he says, “It’s a tradition in my family. Every year, my mom makes me get a picture with Santa. And every year, I cry.” This quote showcases Michael’s lack of social awareness and his tendency to make people uncomfortable.
Despite his inappropriate behavior, Michael is often seen as a hero by his employees. He once said, “I declare bankruptcy!” which shows his willingness to take bold actions and take responsibility for his mistakes.
Michael also has a superstitious side, as seen in his quote, “Fool me once, strike one. Fool me twice, strike three.” This quote shows his belief in the power of threes and his desire to avoid being taken advantage of.
Overall, Michael’s humor and comedy are a defining aspect of his character. He uses his wit and humor to navigate difficult situations and connect with his coworkers, even if his jokes are sometimes inappropriate or cringe-worthy.